Friday, December 9, 2011

Weekend!

Well, we made it through our first full week of Dad being gone! Only twenty three more to go! I have decided to count down weeks rather than days, because it sounds better counting down from 23 rather than 180 (days). The end of the week means that the weekend is upon us. Probably my least favorite time during deployments. My goal this weekend is to keep things as busy as possible. Tomorrow we will be heading to the library to attend a Christmas craft workshop, which should keep the kids busy for a couple of hours! Sunday will be interesting! It is "K"'s fourth birthday! He has decided he wants to go to the movies, and then we are having some friends over for cake and pizza! He is really excited but I feel bad that Dad has to miss it! We have been so lucky in the fact that he hasn't missed but one of the kids Birthday's in the last nine years. I don't think enough time has gone by yet that "K" will really be that affected by it, but it still stinks. 
Christmas is approaching fast and I am so thankful that we have family coming into town. My Father In Law will be visiting next Friday. The kids and I are really excited. It will be nice to see a familiar face, and it is always fun when Papa comes! Shortly after he arrives my grandparents will be heading into town as well! They will be staying through Christmas which is a huge relief for me because that will allow me to purchase any last minute gifts and stocking stuffers without having to break out my ninja skills. It is a little scary to think that your kids' joy of the holiday season rests solely in your hands. Frightening in fact. But, I feel like it will be a great Christmas regardless! I will post again after this weekend and let you know how the festivities went! Until then.... -E

No comments:

Post a Comment