Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pamphlet!

The kids are eating dinner so I thought this might be a good time to write! 
Today I was driving to pick the kids up from school and as I was waiting in the line of cars to pick them up I noticed something. It was a booklet on the floor board of my van about deployment. I decided to pick it up and skim through it. I read over the part about preparing for the deployment (emotionally) and how it is totally normal to withdraw from your spouse a little (which is totally what I did). It is our minds way of protecting itself from the inevitable hurt you will feel! I was a little relieved to know I was normal (HA!). But what hit me like a ton of bricks was the section on dealing with the first few weeks! It talked about how it is okay to be sad, hurt, mad, overwhelmed and la dee dah and I thought to myself : "wait a minute, I don't feel any of these things!" I feel quite the opposite. Since Dad has left I have felt pretty damn good! A little cocky in fact. And although I know these feelings probably wont last, I am going to cling to them. How often are we faced we hardship and we stare down the barrel and say "Come and get me, I am ready"? Not very often. So, am I less of a loving wife because I am not at home sobbing? NO! Is my home any less than extremely altered when he is gone? NO! It means that I am a strong woman who is perfectly capable of taking care of three kids, a dog, a cat, a house, two cars, endless bills and whatever else life decides to throw at me! I hope my fellow wives who are feeling the heat can find some encouragement in my words! WE GOT THIS LADIES! And when shit hits the fan (which it will), we have each other!
On a side note, if I start blubbering like a baby tomorrow, remind me to re-read this! Please. :) Have a great night all! -E


No comments:

Post a Comment