Friday, December 30, 2011

Madness

Hey guys! Man, it has been awhile since my last post so I thought I would jump on here and update you all!
Well, the holidays proved to be a crazy one at casa Wiesen. We started December with K's Birthday as you all know, followed by a visit from my father in law. Shortly after he left, we had a visit from my grandparents who are snowbirds here in AZ. They stayed for Christmas and left yesterday morning. Last night we spent another fun filled evening at Chuck E. Cheese for T's birthday. And now we plan to head to CA for the weekend to my Aunt and Uncle's house to ring in the New Year! After we return home I will be able to return to my regular scheduled programming which I look forward to more than  you know.
Dad is still going strong in Japan. He was able to skype us on Christmas morning but the feed was terrible. I felt really bad that he was unable to clearly see the kids as they opened their gifts. I know it was really hard on him. I tried to just think of it as another day. I went through the motions and put on my happy face but it just didn't feel right. We have been very lucky that he hasn't missed many Christmas' so I guess I shouldn't complain!
The paper plates proved to be one of my best companions when my grandparents were here. You can't imagine how many dishes six people can produce in the course of seven days. Or maybe you can. Anyways, I am still looking into stock info for the Dixie company, so if anyone has their contact info please leave it in the comment section below.
We had another huge milestone during all of the festivities. T lost his first tooth at his Bday party last night. That dang tooth had been hanging on for weeks. I tried everything I could think of in my arsenal of bribery to get him to pull it out sooner but it happened in true T fashion. On his own time. With minimal intervention. He woke up this morning very excited about his three bucks the Tooth Fairy left for him. And today we are headed out to do some shopping and get rid of the money that has been burning a hole in the kids' pockets since Christmas.
I hope all of you had an amazing Holiday and appreciated being with your loved ones. I know the Wiesen's look forward to going home next year. Back to the madness and running around, three Christmas', HBR's in my sister in laws basement and the kids running around with all of their cousins. You know, all the comforts of HOME! 
Anyways, I will post again soon! Pray for my sanity if you get a chance. And have a safe and Happy New Year! -E

No comments:

Post a Comment